Monday, February 23, 2015

Week 10 - Carlos Paz - Feb 23, 2015

Bueno, What can I say about this crazy week..... ya se fue (it has come and gone)?
jaja  It has been a great week with a lot of moments to learn and to grow.  I have thought a lot about where I am in my mission and what missionary I want to become by the end.  It is a strange thing to complete half of your mission. It brings a lot of reflection that makes us better.  For that reason I am excited.  

I have realized that my letters home have been poopey and boring, so I will try to make todays mejor (better).  

This week, randomly some less actives showed up at the church who have not asisted (Attended) in literally 5 years.  They just showed up!!!! The ward directory did not have an address nor a number to call them so we were so excited to have them help us out in making our job easier.  We visited them in the week, and it was one of the best lessons I have had in my whole mission.  The spirit was so strong and it left a powerful impact on my week.  They told us how they were strong members and branch presidents various times, (even in Utah), but after moving to a new ward, they were tired and never went back to church.  However, the spirit always prompts us to do what is right.  We spoke of the Atonement and the blessings that are available and lasting as we pray, and keep our covenants.  Our cargas (burdens) are lifted and we are able to face the things easily that come into our paths (my new favorite scripture passage! Mosiah 24:12-16)  At the end of the lesson, after eating all of their sweets, :) we sang "Asombro me da" (I stand all amazed).  Everyone sang with such umph and power it truly was like we were bearing our testimonies together all in one moment.  Even though the Argentine voice is no so melodic, my heart was touched and moved by the song.  I will always remember that moment.  

We also had a conference with the Area President, Walter F Gonzalez, and he and his wife taught us so much about fe (faith), and doing the Lords work all at the same time.  We can baptize, retain, and reactivate all at the same time, according to our faith.  Enoch was a great missionary, but where did God send him to preach? Basically the most wicked city ever.  God said that Enoch was the cities last chance for repentance.  HOLY COW. What pressure. Yet, what happened in that city? They were literally lifted up into heaven for their righteousness.  
I may be here in "babylonia Argentina" but there are miracles just around the corner.  Lo se (I know).  Please pray extra hard and fast extra hard this week for all the missionaries here.  We need investigadors that will progress and be led to the waters of baptism.  Thanks for your prayers thus far. We feel them.  I know we can make it out of this rut.  

Bueno, what did I do for my big 9 month day????? I sat in my pension (apartment) the whole time.  Lets just say that I am now a "real" missionary.  I was stuck in those walls being sick.  Woohoo go me!

Other news for the week. I cut my hair!!!!! There are before and after pics on DB and also, Hna Dennis and I sing Dancing Through Life at least 20 times a week while dancing through the walls.  I am just grateful that I go to bed at 10:30 so she hasnt seen my CRAZY side that comes out at 11.  For sure we would not be friends if that happened.... haha

I am loving my time here.  Yes it is hard, and yes, it is worth it.

I love you all and miss you more than you know.  

Now please think about these lyrics from Anastasia and apply them to the Plan of Salvation. I am gonig to be such a weirdo when I get home.  I just know it.  

Heart, don't fail me now!
Courage, don't desert me!
Don't turnback
Now that we're here
People always say
Life is full of choices
No one ever mentions fear!
Or how a road can seem so long
How the world can seem so vast
Courage see me through
Heart I'm trusting you
On this journey...to the past

Somewhere down this road
I know someone's waitingg
Years of dreams
Just can't be wrong
Arms will open wide
I'll be safe and wanted
Fin'lly home where I belong
Well, starting here, my life begins
Starting now, I'm learning fast
Courage see me through
Heart I'm trusting you
On this journey...to the past

Heart don't fail me now!
Courage don't desert me!

Home, Love, Family
There was once a time
I must have had them too
Home, Love, Family
I will never be complete
Until I find you...

One step at a time
One hope, then another
Who knows where
This road may go-
Back to who i was
On to find my future
Things my heart still
Needs to know
Yes, let this be a sign!
Let, this road be mine!
Let it lead me to my past
Courage see me through
Heart I'm trusting you
To bring me home...
At last!
At Last!

We are all here trying to discover our divine nature so that we can return to out Father in Heaven.  I cant wait for that moment.  Also, I cant wait to see you fools too. (listening to Darius Rucker or hootie and the blow fish-not sure which one- sing I ONLY WANNA BE WITH YOU just brings the worst out of me at the cyber)

I am excited for my birthday.  I have had your packge now for almost a full week, and I have left in on the table to wait to open it.  I opened bonnies on my 9 month mark, and yours I will open on my Bday.  Thanks.  

Bueno. one last thing if my time doesnt run out.  

for my 20th birthday, I want to tell you 20 reasons why I love you.

1. Youre my family... I have to.
2. You kiss my boo boos you braid my hair, there is no mother that can compare.
3. You write me every week
4. You lead by example.
5. You love me.
6. You have raised me in the gospel.
7. You take me boating.
8. You hold me when I cry.
9. You just wanna have fun.
10. You dont let the little things bug you.
11. You send me packages
12. You like to play games
13. you are examples of faithful members
14. We are united. Welcome to the family
15. You like to eat like me
16. You worry and pray for me
17. You support me
18. You give me blessings-worthy preisthood holders
19. you are just as weird as me.
20. BECAUSE YOU ARE JUST THE BEST FAMILY THERE IS

sorry that was lame, I had to do it fast and without thought.  But its true I love you. Thanks for making these 20 years great.  I love you.

Hoorah for Isreal. Enjoy your week.
Hasta Siempre (Until Always)

Con amor,
Hermana Woolley

























No comments:

Post a Comment