Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 18 - Bell Ville - Nov. 3, 2014

Family, Friends, Ward Members & Cuzco (mi cuzcito)!!!!

Wow... what a week of nothing! hahahaha  ok.  I havent read your letters yet, so I will print them and read them later tonight.  So sorry if I don’t respond to something important... I haven’t read it and just thought that you might like a letter instead of me using all my time to read your letters!

First off, I want you all to know that I love this gospel with all my heart! I love it! Because it is perfect!  It is not easy, and it never will be, but we knew the road would be tough before we came here!

This week I have been locked up.  I have not left the pension (apartment) for NOTHING!!!  I have not taught one lesson, not even crossed the street.  I did however take the garbage out to the curb as my comp was watching me from the balcony.  I felt so naughty. haha.  But ya, Ive just been cooped up!  We´ve watched Disney movies (2x each).  Ive read and studied a lot.  I´ve attempted to solve the Rubix cube without any luck.  I´ve cooked everyday.  I´ve cleaned.  I´ve slept.  I´ve dealt with Ruben- nuestro dueño (landlord).  We have had the floor crack and the shower flood in the past week.  And who has to take care of all the dirty work when their comp is on her death bed? oh ya, that would be me.  Truth be told... I´m scared that I´ve forgotten how to be a missionary!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, here I am.... in CORDOBA MY NEW AREA! haha.  Jokes on you.  Im still here in good ole Bell Ville!!!  I will be here for at least another 6 weeks with Hna Vela.  BUT, 2 hermanas have come from Merlo to help me out a bit.  Since the pension is so big, 2 more hnas are going to live with us for the next 2 weeks so that we can do exchanges.  Hermana Costello and Hermana Wade.  Both are gringas!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness.  Such a relief!  I am way excited to have a bit of a change and have the chance to work again and do what I came out here to do!  I am a little sad because now I will be leaving most likely Bell Ville Dec 18.  Which means I will only have a few days to get to know my new area before we party the night away for the holidays, but you never know.  I could stay here for 7  1/2 months like Hermana Gonzalez!  

Bueno, there is not any news to update you on, so I am just going to share with you all some things that I have read and studied this week.  

While I was writing about my family for my pamphlet, I was filled with such a spirit!!  I KNOW that I am sealed to you punks forever, and I couldnt be happier!  It would be so much easier if you were really punks because then I wouldnt miss you... but know that I know that I have so much joy in my heart with the blessings of the temple.  

Bueno, que mas.... oh ya! I finished Matthew this week and as I was finishing his book, I read of Christs atonement.  I cried as I read the precious words of that sacred moment.  I know that it is real and it is perfect.  Use it Everyday.  It is the only way to get through!  I also was reading in Alma 7.  It is so interesting to me that in both Matthew and Alma 7, they explain so vividly the Atonement of Christ, yet immediately afterword, there is an invitation to be baptized.  Coincidence? I think not.  (Brother Heaston saying)  We can show our love, devotion, gratitude and todo by making covenants with Christ and choosing to follow him forever.  He constantly will be there for us.  All we have to do is act.  I love this gospel!!! Did I already say that? well its true, and I will keep saying it forever!!!

ok, update on hna Vela.  She really is healing slowly. For this reason, this morning I studied a lot about patience.  Do the personal study in PMG for patience! It will change your lives!   I feel so much hope now and am grateful for this opportunity to serve in another way.  When I was set apart, I was told to be patient with my companions.  Thats what I am trying to do right now!  Pray for me, but know that it is getting easier and I am happy!

Lastly, I want to share a quote from Elder Hollands talk called "The Miracle of a Mission"  he says, "I had a missionary ask me once if I would give my life for the church.  I said, ´¨Élder, I am giving my life for the church.´  I know what he meant.  What he meant was ´Would I die for it?¨´  Well, thats the easy part. Thats a snap!  On some days it looks really appealing.  Thats the easy part, to die for it.  Well, what God needs is people who will live for it, people who will go the distance, people who are in this race we´re talking about that will go all the way to the tape.  And some may die along the way, and thats wonderful, but he needs people who will finish the work.  He needs people who will wrap this up, and thats the pledge I make to you, and thats the pledge He has asked.  We´re in this together."

Holy Cow.  How cool right?  The hard part of this live is to live, but only by living can we love, learn and complete the job we are here to do for our Father in Heaven.  Keep on living on with patience.  The work is not done.  Live your testimonies and Endure with diligence.  D&C 103 :36, sorry I only know it in spanish but it says "Todo victoria y toda gloria os es realizada mediante vuestra diligencia, fidelidad y oraciones de fe."

Finish strong, We´re in this together.  Hurrah for Israel.

I love you all!!!!

Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Woolley

Her letter to the President,

Hi President,
This week we were in the apartment the entire time, but I have learned a lot in my studies and in serving Sister Vela in her pain.  I have used this time to take advantage to become more and to learn what the Lord wants me to learn.  I have worked a lot on the family pamphlet and also felt a very special spirit.  While writing about my parents, grandparents etc, I could feel the this is all real.  Everything is real.  Everything is perfect.  The temple is the House of God.  I have a family forever.  And now, I want to share this with everyone.  Thank you for the opportunity and challenge to do this work.

Also, thank you for sending two more sisters here to Bell Ville for some time.  I was starting to worry that I had forgotten how to work!! Haha.  I am excited to work again, and I hope that with this change, Sister Vela can feel better too.  I am going to do every thing that I can to be a missionary worthy of my plaque and calling.   I am going to be here in Bell Ville for six more week for some reason.  I am going to find my purpose here and fulfill my responsibility.

With love!
Thank you for everything President.
Hermana Woolley



No comments:

Post a Comment