Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 10 - Nueva Cordoba - September 21, 2015

Here I am again at the computer and I can not believe how fast the time is flying.  Today I hit my 16 month mark.  Dont cry for me Argentina.  Oh wait,  I already did.
However, we have to just keep working and praying and studying as the Lord would have us do. 
This week I was able to go back once again to my beloved home- BELL VILLE!  I saw Cesar, Caro, la familia Franco, Gaston y nicolle.  I was so happy.  Man I miss that place.  These names of people will mean nothing to you, but they sure have a sacred place in my heart.
Also this week we had the world day of service on saturday!  We painted and prepared a homeless shelter.  It made me think and remember of when we went to Puerto Peñasco (?).  There were a ton of people and not enough jobs.  So I painted a little, and motivated a lot.  I told my companion about me selling oragnes to be able to go to mexico and she just laughed and laughed.  HEY. (said in the voice of Si from duck dynasty)  She doesnt know how good they were.
You asked me about the earthquake in Chile.  Did I feel it.  HECK YES!!!!!!!  The first shake was right as we were getting home from bell ville.  So we were getting out of the taxi.  As we got to our building in NVA CBA, the other hermanas came out running with scared look on their faces.  They said, DID YOU FEEL THAT??... "I felt it...(the commercial jajajajajajajajaja)"  no.  But We had no idea that there had been an earthquake.  Next thing you know, everyone started coming outside in the entire city.  They ran down the stairs and the sidewalks were full of people.  I was upset because I didnt feel anything.  Then we went back to our apartment on the 5th floor and about 10 minnutes late, there came the aftershocks.  My comp was in the bathroom and we heard her squeal.  The ground shook and it felt ewxactly like the simulators at the science museums.  I was so excited to experience an earthquake that I was laughing and giggling as we once again joined the stampede of people running dowm multiple flights of stairs.  In reality, it wasnt very strong, but since we are in a tall building, we were able to feel it more and see the building sway. 
We spoke with our liders and a few members to let them know we were ok.  We prepared an emergency backpack, and then we all slept together in the main room.  We slept with our plaques on that night.  (the fotos are of us in terror!)  Many told us that there would be a larger after shock in the middle of the night.  We had everything prepared, and when it came, none of us woke up so it wasnt too frightening. 
It made me think a lot about the second coming.  Are we truly prepared.  We are not going to have 3 hours to gather our things and quickly repent.  Mas, tenemos que tener un plan de emergencia y bienestar.  Are we built upon a rock, or upon a sandy shore like the Cordoba capital?  I wanted so badly to be in Orem High School. AKA the safest building in utah.  jaja.  But I am well, and now I have another story to tell ever so dramatically when I arrive home.
The savior should be our rock.  As I packed my bag in case of an emergency, I was frazzled as to what I should pack. This is what I included.
-scriptures
-extra Book of Mormon to give away
-contacting cards
-articles of faith in contacting cards
-my partriarchal blessing
-picture of my family
-my hymn book
-a little bit of money
After I closed the zipper, it suddenly became so real to me of what is most important. 
Keep things simple and keep being righteous.
Also I read Mosiah 12:5 to comfort me.  Look it up.
It was a week of laughter and a week of fun.
I love you all

Vale thanks you for your love and your message.  It really touched her.
I love you all and wish you the greatest of weeks.
con amor,
Hermana Woolley
We gotta live like we´re dying (sing it in your heads)












No comments:

Post a Comment