Monday, May 18, 2015

Week 10 - Rio Tercero - May 18, 2015

Many have been called to build this temple, but we as missionaries and members have been called to fill this temple.  

What a week.  Truly the highlight of my mission without a doubt.  

This week I started out well by going to a conference in Cordoba and listening to our dear President and his wife.  He gave us about an hour for questions and answers and let me tell you.  That man is inspired of God.  As missionaries raised their hands and asked teh questions that they had, I realized that they were the same things that I was pondering.  President helped us understand and led us with love so that we will be able to jump the barriers of missionary work and have the success the Lord wants us to have.
My favortie question of all was "President, can we go to the cultural event?"  haha  he said no, only those in Cordoba capital.  However, at the end of the meeting, about an hour later, he stood up and said "Ive changed my mind... lets all go to the event!!!"  We were all soooo excited.  The entire mission was able to go.  We had to pay our own travel, so I used my birthday money to have my dreams come true :) Happy birthday to me.  Thanks fam!

At the cultural event, we were in the same room with President Uctchorf and Elder Christofferson.  What a neat experience.  I recorded a lot of the event, but wish I would have recorded more.  I was worried of running out of memory.  also, I think my camera is broken, it was dropped, and now my pictures have lines through the middle and I cant hear sound out of the camera... I will look better into that...

Pres U. urged us to write everything down in our journals after the eventful and unforgettable weekend.  So today for pday, I was writing down a novel.  I was really touched to be in such a sacred place with the Lords servants.  We were super tired from travelling so much in one week, but it was worth it.  I loved being able to see so many that I knew from my old areas, missionaries, and even some that I did not know! haha  When I arrived, so many missionaries told me that about 5 people were looking for me and that they were gringos.  I was so confused.  I later ran into The Hill family, and Kelli.  It was funny because each said, "You dont know me, but I know you and your family loves you so much!"  It was fun talking with them.  What a small world.  It was nice to feel so loved and popular... with snickers :)  Pres U talked about the Argentina flag and how it has the Sol de Mayo (sun of May) in the center.  He said that this temple with now be our new "sol de mayo".  Let it shine bright forever and to all people.  There could not have been a better day to choose such a significant event. 

In the event, they told the story of how the immigrants came to argentina from europe, and a little abit about the Book of Mormon indians, and then proceeded to the current time of now with workers and families and temples.  It was very well done and I shed a lot of tears.  My favorite was when the little boys danced like gauchos (argentine cowboys) stomping their feet and avoiding a bottle.  Im not sure what it is called, but you will have to look it up.  A ton of youth participated, and each stake had a different cultural dance assigned.  So we watched them enjoy themselves while dancing Argentina culture.  

At the end, a family sang the primary song "la familia es de dios" (the family is of god).  Then, the youth pulled out white sheets of cloth and they projected the cordoba temple picture on the ground of the arena.  The lights were out and the youth shined their flashlights.  It was like Hope of Argentina (Hope of America) all over again, but better.  

At the dedication, we just watched it from here in Rio III.  Luckily we went to 2 of the 3 sessions, and I was so spiritually filled.  For the hosana Shout, Hna alliaud gave us white cloths with the temple and dedication date embroidred on it.  It is a super speacial recuerdo (memory/keepsake) that I hold dear to my heart.  

Elder Christofferson gave a great talk and was emotional to see this become reality after serving here.  He said that Cordoba was a common topic between the quorum of the 12 and 1st presidency since so many have close ties to the mission.  

Pres. Utchdorf also gave great messages.  He wants us to follow the Lord with all of your hearts, and by going to the temple, we are following him.  Also, he told us that whereever he goes, he has his current temple recommend and For the strength of youth in his coat pocket.  This is the best way to prepare ourselves, by following the standards and interview questions.  

I was especially touched to hear a prophet of God address our Heavenly Father.  The dedicatory prayer was beautiful.  He spoke so respectfully, and lovingly, and the vocabulary he used was perfect.  He Thanked God for every Book in the Book of Mormon, and specifically named each one.  It caught my attention.  Are we truly grateful for such a gift in our lives today? Do we make it known each day?  Also, He prayed for the walls to stay strong from any natural disaster or weather, and the flowers and vegetation to be healthy warm and inviting at the Lords house. Also he blessed the Argentine nation.

At the end, we sang Hosanas Song mixed with The spirit of God, combining the traditions of the dedications of SLC and Kirtland and Cordoba.  What a blessing it was.  I have pages of notes to paste in my journal.  I can´t believe the time has come and the work with go forth boldly and nobly, and nothing can stop us now.  

At the closing of the dedication sessions, Pres U tried to speak spanish and he said "Dios les ama, y les expreso mi amor" (God loves you and I express my love to you) He choked up and began to cry, closing in the Lord´s sacred name.  It was super touching and it brought tears to my eyes.  A prophet of the Lord promised so many blessings to this people here, and he did it with so much love care, concern and sincerity.

Hurrah for Isreal, and Argentina as well :)

LOTS OF LOVE,
Hermana Woolley
Im on cloud nine.  

Our ward has a viaje ya (already has a trip) planned for this saturday to go and work in the temple.  Full speed ahead!

Beloved President,
I believe that this week all of us have changed with the dedication of the temple.  Thank you for allowing us to travel to the cultural event.  I was so happy, and obviously the spirit touched many hearts.  No one wanted to leave when the event ended.  It was the best  The Temple is in reality the sun of May and will always shine for everyone.

I loved the dedication too.  We went to the 3rd session and learned a lot.  I loved it when they spoke to us about repentence.   We are all stroing and worthy, and we need to repent every day.   What a priviledge.   Today I wrote in my journal the experiences and I was in awe of the love of God.  We can show our love for Him in our actions and worthiness.  If we focus on the temple – members and non members- we can show our love for God and for our neighbor.  Everything points to the temple and the temple points to the Lord.

We are very good her and we have plans to set many baptisimal dates this week.  Sister Solar is teaching me a lot and we are now tryin got have more faith in finding our true desires and make them reality.
Thanks for everything. I hope all is well for you.
Hermana Woolley


Amado Presidente,

Creo que en esta semana, todos de nosotros han cambiado con la dedicación del templo.  Gracias por dejarnos viajar por el evento cultural.  Estaba tan feliz, y obviamente el espíritu tocó a muchos corazones.  Nadie quería salir cuando terminó el evento.  Fue lo más.  Realmente el templo es el sol de Mayo y siempre brillará a todos.  

Me encantó la dedicación también. Fuimos a la tercera sesión, y aprendí mucho.  Me gusto cuando nos habló del arrepentimiento.  Somos los fieles y dignos, y nosotros necesitamos arrepentirnos cada día.  Que privilegio.  Hoy me puse escribir de mi experiencia en mi diario, y me asombra del amor de Dios.  Nosotros podemos manifestar nuestro amor por el en nuestras acciones y dignidad.  Si nos enfocamos en el templo-miembros y non miembros- manifestaremos nuestro amor por Dios y por nuestro prójimo.  Todo conduce al templo, y el templo conduce al Señor.

Estamos muy bien acá y tenemos planes para poner muchas fechas bautismales esta semana que viene.  Hna Solar está enseñándome mucho y ahora estamos tratando tener más fe en encontrar nuestros deseos y hacerlos realidades.

Gracias por todo. Que esté bien!

Hermana Woolley 
 
 More of my apartment

 Sister Cornejo.  She returned for the dedication.  We lived together for three months.
 Sister Perry - 3rd companion
 Sister Solar - current companion
 Karina Hill - served in Cordoba last year.  Returned with her parents (pictured below)
 Kent and Linda Hill.  My parents friends and Karina's parents.  Kent and my dad have been friends since elementary school.  They came for the temple dedication.

 Kelli Brown.  A friend and neighbor from Orem that came to the dedication with her husband - Cordoba RM.  My parents asked her to hunt me down and she did. (Thanks for the Snickers)


 Pres. Uchtdorf at the cultural celebration.




 Lana means wool in spanish.   Mundo means world.  The store is Woolley World.

No comments:

Post a Comment