Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Week 15 - Bell Ville October 14, 2014

Hello from the HOOD

HAHA! My zone leader says that I am ghetto worthy so I guess you could say I have finally reached my ultimate goal in life! haha He is a Mexican who lives in LA, and later SLC so he only speaks the truth.  He knows the hard stuff.  Now you can be proud that you are part of my family!

Also, some other crazy news, my jeans still have a butt slapping noise, so we haven’t hit rock bottom of obesity quite yet, but the food is getting tastier and I just keep eating.  Now the norm is that I eat an entire pizza by myself for lunch.  This makes my tastebuds happy, but my panza (belly) is growing like Allisons.  Yep, Ive got the gut of Grandpa Grey.

I hope Hawaii was torturous and that you all hated every minute.  First you leave me behind for Peru, and now Hawaii, WHAT IS NEXT! I hope every time you heard the sweet serenade of a ukulele, you wanted to scrape your eardrums out because it put you in a coma thinking of me your favorite daughter. haha joke.  half joke.  Glad to hear you were able to have a fun time and enjoy yourselves.

bueno, this week. My companion is really sick and needs surgury.  Please keep her in your prayers and put her in the temple too. I dont want to go into detail, but I will keep you updated.  Sorry, this email will be cut short because the hermana leaders are here with us so we have to get to work instead of writing a novel! It is so fun to be with all 4 of us.  It is what I have been looking forward to ever since I got my call... to work with hna Hill (Her dad Kent and Katelyn’s dad Spence were very good friends growing up and still keep in contact) .  And here we are together all day, and I am with my mommy trainer too!! It is a great day to be alive! These past weeks have been hard with the health of my compi, but to have a better motivation to work hard gives me energy and satisfaction!
FUN STORIES WITH HNA VELA!
OK! Crazy weather! One day I was dying of heat and then the next day, It hailed rocks the size of my fist or bigger! I was ssleeping, at midnight, and my companion couldnt sleep because she felt sick.  The power went out, and she screamed waking me up.  NExt thing we knew there was a crazy lightning show, followed by a hail that could kill the wretched dogs here.  Finally it all wrapped up with a downpour that washed away the piedras(rocks).  We were screaming ARREPENTIOS ARREPENTIOS (Repent Ye Repent Ye) off of our balcony.  It was so crazy and For sure people the next day told us they thought the wrath of god was being thrust down on them! hahaha 
Also, we made Arroz chaufa (Peruvian fried rice) this week! Peruvian food! it was tasty :)
Also, when the zone leaders left the area, we were able to use their bikes for the day.  What a terror.  My skirt got stuck in the wheel and I saw my life flash before my eyes as the bike came to an abrupt stop! I screamed for help from my companaion, slash was laughing so hard, that she hought I was crying and had gotten hurt! Nope, turns out all is well.  so a ripped skirt covered in black tire marks, but todo bien (alls well)! It was a work out for my poor legs, I waas used to walking three thousand miles not biking 6500 thousand.  I slept good that night for sure!
ALSO; she completed one year in the mission so we celebrated and had a surprise party.  I felt like a rebel planning with the elders with thecell phone in the bathroom so she wouldnt know I was talking with them.  She was appreciative for it after hahaha

bueno, que mas paso esta semana (ok what else happened this week)... Oh President came to our area! WE were able to have interviews with him, and he also spoke at the conference for the District. One thing interesting that he said is that we can not live in our past successes.  Always prgress or you will be falling behind.  There is a huge push right now with the temple work and family history before the temple opens so i really need some type of profile pic from each of those in my immediate family, and my 4 generations of grandparents! PLEASE!!! We have a super capo activity planned and I cant wait to baptize the world with family history!! We also sang in the choir, and the director cried at the end so I guess that means we sounded good? who knows with these crazy argentines haha!  But we will be having the second part of the conference on the 26tth to be made into a stake... supposedly.  All is hush hush so we are not completely sure if it is the real deal or not!

Our investigator! PASSED HIS INTERVIEW YESTERDAY! He will be baptized this coming saturday the 18th of october.  He bought a full pinstriped suit coat for the event and also told us that he will be cutting his hair! Such an improvement.  He is so prepared after workign with him for almost my whole time here in bell ville (since aug 14th) and we are blessesd now to see the change in him.  He had made the decision and nothing will change his mind.  I may have already toold you this, but whrn the JWs came to his door, he siad, "No thank you, SOY MORMON (I am a Mormon)!" haha, casi (nearly), but he will be mormon for real this weekend!!! :) :)

This week as I was studying I came across OMni1:26 agian, as well as the story of feeding the 5000.  So, I read the talk I gave for my farewell and bawled.  It is so easy to get down in the mission.  Let me tell you, but there is nothing like reading my own testimony and experiences of finding christ in my life to lift me back up.  I cried as I told my companion about the story with alec and him sending me a message that said "easy, do you know its true?"  Yes, I do.  Alec, I can never give you thanks enough for that one small message.  It has changed my life, and it has chnaged my mission.  Alec, Sabes que tienes un lugar muy especial en mi corazon y no hay espacio suficiente! Primos y amigos para siempre :)  [know that you have a very special place in my year and there is not a enough room for all of it!  Cousins and friends forever]

Keep living righteous lives because not only is it worth it, but it is impossible to continue living without it!  Know I love you all!  It true, distance does make the heart grow fonder.  You are all my prime blessings in mi vida.  this is embarrassing, I am realizing that i may have spoken some spanglish in this letter but I dont have time to fix it.  Perdon [excuse me].  jaja.  At least you know Im learning something out here in the hot, humid, wild wild west (not really- more east, but it flowed ok?)  

I would love to read your moments of difficulties and your testimonies of how the gospel helped you! Please send me your stories one and all! young and old! JAckson and the neighbor down the street! This gospel is so perfect and I want to share it with everyone forever!

Hurrah for Isreal!
Love, 
Hermana Woolley

















No comments:

Post a Comment