Monday, July 14, 2014

Week 2 Bell Ville - July 14, 2014

Ok there is a lot that I want to say this week, We will see if I can get it all in!!!

APRIL and JARED! Happy marriage week! I wish I could be there and experience the magic and love!  I have had your date on my calendar forever now and I can´t wait for you to make your family forever on sat! Best of luck with it all! Know I love you and look up to you in so many ways!

It was a crazy week because we didn´t do a lot of missionary work.  There were other things to do! The language is still hard, especially because the people have no mercy and just speak a million miles a minute.  Not sure how their lips are not on fire!!!!! Also, there accent is quite mumbled and sing song all under water with the nose plugged!! Impossible.  Yes, getting easier, but still challenging. As it should be!

No, O* was not baptized and didnñt come to church again this week so I am not sure if it will be happening in the future or not.  A bummer, but if he really is not dedicated, it is better to not make covenants he will later refuse.  

Also, embarrassing-- the scripture I meant last week was Moroni 8:2-3 ha. Hope you figured that out!

I am still the same me.  Zity City and all.  Kristen.  You and me both.  Thanks for your letter.  I laughed pretty hard.  I have a line of 4 right next to my ear.  People might think it is a tatt or bug bites or maybe just some curse for my imperfection.  qien sabe?

The main things this week.  A TALENT SHOW!!! This was what we were in charge of in hopes of getting more references and unity between members.  I think it worked! Anyways, after practicing our missionary number forever, multiple times each day, getting all the decorations ready, making over 100 empanadas and so much more, We were ready for the show!  It started late in the evening so we got permission for the mission president to stay out a little later than usual so that we could perform our number.  I don´t think we were expecting, or him, how late we really were out.  We didn´t get home until 12:25 am.  SOOOOO LATE!! We felt so guilty, and frustrated and tired.  But hey, our synchraizedd swimming number won the trophy!!! Everyone laughed pretty hard and I will try to send to you our practice round.  But, Look up the president´s son who recorded it.  MAybe he can send you a copy on facebook or something..... It was a crazy night and lots of fun yet strange in another country and language.  Evern the members breastfeed in public with no shield.  I was a little shocked by that, but hey.  What ever floats her boat I guess.

Next was the world cup.  Everything was good and dandy.  We had food, and messi.  We also had great company and messi.  We had a TV, and did I mention messi? haha the people are fanatics! We were crazy when we went into PKs on wed.  So excited for the final.  Yesterday, you could feel the excitement as we walked around. Everyone wore teh flag around and said hello to everyone! The game.  Yes we watched it.... with both our presidents of the district and branch.  He has a huge house and opened up a brand new 42" screen for the game! It was exciting! He is probably the richest person in Bell Ville by a long shot.  No idea what he does though! Anyway.  Way crazy.  People were screaming and blowing cannons 4 hours before the game started.  Yes, when we lost it was sad.  People on the streets weren´t happy anymore and they walked with their head down.  Kind of sad.  We wanted to tell everyone.  ITS OK WE HAVE CHRIST AND WE HAVE GOD WHO LOVES US.  But, after the game, even though we lost, it was dangerous out, so we went to the pension and studied.  Dad, I know you want me to be safe, but you didn´t have to pray that Argentina would lose to protect me!!!!!!!!! Come on.  Es un chiste.

ANOTHER note about the DOGS!!! We had a day of dogs.  They would not leave us alone.  Probably the most dangerous thing here.  We were walking home from lunch during siesta ( 12-5) and 2 strays followed us the 2 miles home causing havoc.  They would not leave us alone and fought with every dog we passed.  And since it was during siesta, we were the only ones out so no one could come to our rescue!! But, we used our scriptures as protection and jingled our keys so that the dogs couldn´t hear our pounding hearts.  We ran into some crazy pitbulls and fiesty things.  But all is well.  We escaped into our door, and the dogs scratched and whined for leaving them behind.  We thought we had escaped the worst of it.  Than later in the evening, those same two dogs FOUND US AGAIN!  like 6 hours later! We couldn´t believe it! What are the chances.  Now they followed us some more, and it was dark so we couldn´t prepare for the oncoming creatures.  We were dying with nervous laughter the whole time.  When we finally made it to the church, we darted in behind the gates and again they barked and whined, wanting to be let in.  Que feo.  We hate them.  I hope you can understand how big of a deal this was.  If not, I wrote all about it in my journal and I can explain once my 90% is done- dad- oh ya,  I write a ton, so I might run out of paper for the binder....

While teaching this week, we had a great lesson.  In that moment when we were talking about the importance of prayer, reading and church attendence, it hit me that these things are protection because they are moments when we think of christ.  Just like the sacrament.  They are moments of respect and love.  Never forget to do them!!!!! OUr investigator was talking, and I remember a distince moment when I realized that I was understanding what she was saying. And I felt the spirit.  Then I thought to myself.-"I can do this for the next 17 months"  I love it here and the food is making my fat.  Bring it on. But back to the gospel...

message to the pres
Hola President!

This week I realized the importance of the Doctrine of Christ.  These things bring us closer to Christ and give us the opportunity to always remember him and work to be more like him in this life.  This life is like a river with Christ at the head of the river.  We can get to him only by swimming up stream, against what the world says.  It takes effort, and it takes desire, but it is possible.  We have the steps layed out for us in his gospel of how we can achieve success and happiness through him.  Fe, arrepentimiento, el bautismo, El espiritu Santo, y perseverar hasta el fin.  He wants us to return to him, and he wants us to understand what we need to do (2 Nefi 31:3).  It is simple and it is clear for all to follow.  By realizing how important it is to have a relationship with him in the life, I have worked harder to say more sincere prayers and think of him with happiness and gratitude.  It has helped me realize my purpose and the desire to want to share it with others.  

There is a quote that says" If we listen with love, we won´t need to wonder what to say!" Elder Holland.  Me encanta!  With only being able to speak a little spanish, I can still be a missionary and have the faith to experience a miracle in the gift of tongues.  Love is able to be felt in all languages, and if that is all that I can offer at this moment, that it enough!

Another quote that I came across this week is this, " The temple is an ever-present reminder that God intends the family to be eternal." - Ezra Taft Benson.  This gospel makes sense, and the temple ties it all together.  I love the temple so much and it brings tears to my eyes when I think of the blessings that have been pronounced upon my head in his house, the blessings that will be mine, and the blessings that will be available to many here in Argentina with the coming temple in your backyard!  Families are eternal and families are love.  There is power in this message and I will try my best through obedience and diligence to share this message.  

I am grateful for all you and your wife do for us missionaries, and as always, wish you a great week.

Con amor, 
Hermana Woolley

It is true.  This whole gospel is true.  I love you.  I miss you. so see ya, love ya, bye!!

Yours truly, 

me- fat, zitty and all.
ps.  Had mate this week.  Just as awful as I imagined and remember .....only worse
Go Argentina!  World Cup excitment


 Making empanadas at the church
Branch Presidents son at the Talent Show
 What Bell Ville looks like
 Katelyn's zone
  Katelyn's kitchen and washing machine - she said this is much nicer than anything else she sees in her area.

No comments:

Post a Comment