Sunday, June 22, 2014

MTC Week 5 - June 21, 2015

I GOT MY TRAVEL PLANS!!!!!! I mean.  What ever.  No big deal right?  uh NOOOO. HUGE DEAL.  hahaha. You could say Im nervous.  but excited.  So I sing a song called nervous but excited!!!! hahaha joke.  no but really.  this is real.  Crazy loco!!
Dont worry about mending a shirt, I got it like a pro.


On to this week! I took some language assesments and got some really good feedback! I guess you could just call me fluent or something! hahaha joke. But I think it is pretty safe to say now that I know WAY more spanish than I ever did french and as much as I choke while saying this...... I like spanish better! haha.  I am still trying to work on loosening my tongue while I speak, but everyone I talk to is impressed by my accent and quick speaking. so things are looking good.  But, that will all change in one week when we get there and I just cry because I am lost in a crazy drunken partying country in the middle of the world cup.  there is no place like home right?

Hermana Tu'akalau is leaving on monday.  Not sure what really happened there but she is leaving before the rest of us! We are way sad and may cry about it all the time.  Anyways.  One morning she woke up with an awful back ache.  She got surgery there about a year ago, and was worried that the infection she once had removed was coming back and would have to be sent home Quite the serious situation.  So we went to the doctor and the doctor said "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!" I'm serious.  That is what he said! We were just as surprised!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA joke.  Man. I crack myself up.  I am such the comedian.  No, but the doc gave her some drugs and made her stay in, so we stayed in with her! It is a miracle how fast she is healing.  She received some blessings from our zone leaders, and they said she had work to do for the next 18 months and would not have to be sent home.  WHAT POWER! She is healing incredibly fast and we are just so grateful and amazed that all is well because she is leaving in a few days gosh dang it!

This week at the devotional, M Russell Ballard came.  Missionary powerhouse bow chicka wow wow. He talked about Joseph F Smith and saying "True blue dies in the wool through and through." You know that one? He said this is the greatest time for missionary work and that God knew it was coming.  He knew he needed his strongest for the final push.  That is us! Can you believe it? It is so easy to get down on ourselves for messing up, but we are the elect to God.  definitely a booster! ANYWAYS! He just talked about how we need to be bold, and straight forward in never denying the truth.  Defend it! True to the faith- Read the lyrics, they are good! It was encouraging and so inspiring! We also had Sheri Dew come this week and speak about grace.  It was so neat the insights she had about this insanely deep doctrine that is hard to comprehend, yet she made it so simple.  Grace is the power from god.  She even said to substitue the word grace for power when reading scriptures.  Give it a try.  All because of the love that God and Jesus have for each of us.  Crazy to think about but so cool! Simplicity is the way to go. That is the way we are taught to teach, and that is the way to invite the spirit into our lives.  By doing the simple things.  Pray, read, fast, keep covenants and serve.  It will make all the difference in your life, because it has the difference in mine.

Sorry this is out of order but I want to talk a bit about father's day.  What an awful day to be alive! We watch music and the spoken word every sunday and to watch clips of fathers playing with their daughters brought tears to my eyes hard core- torture to a room full of young girls with no daddy to hug or anyone of the male sex for that matter.  I'm even tearing up right now too!!! It didn't help that they were singing "hush abye baby!" Dad I think the world of you, and I look up to you in so many ways.  You are my support! I just wish I didn't have to say goodbye and that you could be here by my side all along the way! But I understand that is not possible.  This is the chance for me to grow closer to my father in heaven and strengthen that relationship for the eternities!!! But please know I love you! This week we were talking about being snappy to our parents.  I instantly remembered that one time when you wanted to go on a bike ride with your daughters, but me being my stubborn self kept us home.  You said that you weren't going unless we all went, so then I said- So then no one is going. You became upset and sat in your room in silence for an hour.  I AM SO SORRY!!! I still think about it often and hope that you will forgive me.  I love you so much.  I just don't think you know how much.  Hope you had a great day last week :)

This week we had our best lesson yet with our investigator! We taught him while Hna T was at in feild orientation.  We taught super simply the fall of adam and eve and the chance we all have to make good choices.  we read through a few verses with him and made him pause every phrase literally and explain to us what it meant!  so many obvious questions but hey it worked!! He has been so tough to us and non accepting in the past.  We finally just boldly showed him that we must either choose good or bad in this life.  Eternal life with god, or endless torment.  He discovered for himself that he wants to follow god, and will take the necessary steps to do so.  we asked him to be babptized and were expecting him to say no, like every other time, in practices or real lessons.  So because of this, we had a back up plan of how to discern his doubts or worries and then to ask him again.  But there was no need for the back up plan.  He said yess!!!! We were so shocked, that we kind of panicked and told him a bunch of useless facts in that moment, but hey it was great.  As we were leaving the lesson, he said to stop and sit down becuase he wanted to talk to us personally. (remember this is my teacher pretending to be our investigator) He said that it was an OUTSTANDING lesson and that he was so moved by the spirit we invited and the inspired questions we asked.  he told us he came into the lesson determined to decline our persistent invitaions of baptism.  Yet, he felt something so strong that he couldn't deny the invitation anymore.  He was so proud and it was the biggest relief in the world.  I was smiling so big that tears were in my eyes! We are worked so hard here, it was finally worth it to see our preparations pay off and to experience the good of serving a mission.  It is worth it and I love it.

One last story, We were playing a game of volleyball - which we do EVERY day because it is so stinking fun and because I am a boss!- and an elder full on hugged me.  HE HUGGED ME! chi car-a-lee. So not allowed.  hhahaha. He was a fresh new elder and was running after the same ball as me and we collided, but his arms were open as he was running and staring up at the falling ball, so my body just went right into his arms.  We both stood there stunned at what was happening, and then while he was still wrapped around me, probably still in shock, he said. I. am. so. so. so. sorry.  hahaha Everyone was dying and we were in the embrace for what felt like forever.  Gotta love those elders hahahaha.

I love you all and 






oh ya, and in case you forgot..... IM GOING TO ARGENITNA!!!!!

Have a great week.  keep the letters coming.  I love you to death and look forward to writing again. yo se que la iglesia es verdadera!- dont expect a perfect convo in spanish when I call from the airport hahah. Love you my family!

con amor, 
Hermana Woolley



Our day teacher Brother Hammond - he knows and served with Amber Stratton
Package from our siblings
Last day at the Temple with Sister T
 Hermana Martinez - night instructor

 Stuck inside because she was not feeling well
 Tessa Herman and me just out of the rain


No comments:

Post a Comment