Sunday, June 15, 2014

MTC Week 4 - June 14, 2014

TENGO GOZO EN MI ALMA HOY!!

Ok, I'm so sorry! I may not be able to send pictures to you this week because these computers are stupid, but we will see.  If not, you'll get over it.  

keep me updated on the spurs and heat, looks like Dan wins another bet against Sam either way.  Also, there is a red head from austrailia that is the SPITTING image of blake griffin, so I guess you could say Im obsessed. Things between us are getting pretty serious...... hahahahahahahaha joke.

This week has been a great one once again!!! I forgot to bring my journal and letters, so I will just write to you the most important things that are on the top of my mind! 

Please let Grandpa L. know that I am praying for him multiple times a day and that I want to be updated on his surgery.  Also, Hope girls camp was a blast.  It is still a bit strange to me that life is continuing on outside of here.  But I hope the summer sun is treating you well with tans, boating, swimming, and so much more.  It is giving me sweaty garments.  hahahahaha  

Thank the meyers and averys and woolleys for me please! packages are the sweetest and my district is in debt to you forever! We are too spoiled with treats and sugary goodness.  Also, TELL ALEC TO WRITE ME! THAT NUMSKULL!

ok. About the speakers at devotionals, we have had Elder Nelson and his wife! So good, she talked about how it takes desperation in everyone to show true faith.  What a message.  If I have more time maybe I will write a few more notes on that.  We also have had a social media guy come, the administrator at the MTC, Elder Schwitzer of the 70,  and Elder Quentin Cook and his wife.  AND rumor has it that next week will be a big wig again because it is scheduled to be a broadcast to the other MTCs.  About the choir, I can't be apart of it.  Bro Eggett came and asked me to be a part of it, but when he found out that I was in West, it is impossible to be there for the frequent practices... pretty bummed, but it is not what is most important. I love singing with him.  We have sung Hope of Israel, Where can I turn for peace, and Joseph's First prayer.  All powerful songs, and powerful messages.  I love that I am able to be testifying all hours of the day in multiple ways.

"The privledge to work is a gift.  THe power to work is a blessing, teh love of work is success."- David O. McKay.

I love it here, and I know I say that a lot, but it is because those are the feelings of my heart.  This week I had some pretty cool experiences.  

First off, we are teaching a nonmember in real life in TRC.  Talk about intimidating.  But, it really is such a great opportunity to get a real feel for the work.  In natural Hna Woolley style, I said say some pretty stupid things in lessons.  In the very first lesson with M*a, apparently she was talking about how she never has, and never will have the desire to be baptized.  But, I had no idea what she was saying, so I was just trying to do what our teacher challenged.  TO INVITE ALL TO BE BAPTIZED IN EVERY LESSON.  so, right after she explains her feelings to my companion about baptism, I assumed all was going well, so I say, "Seguirá el ejemplo de Jesucristo al ser bautizado para alguin qué posea la autoridad sacerdocio de Dios? " My companion looked at me with terror like I had done something so terrible and awful.  hahahaha.  You guessed it, M*a quickly rejected the invitation.  Like SisterSteward said (who we ate dinner with, I see her here all the time)-- You are going to look stupid at some point.  You might as well make it here rather than in the field.  hahaha 

Another funny story of my weird sayings in lessons.  We were practicing inviting people to come to church.  Our teacher was our investigator and in the lesson she said she couldnt come to church because she does her laundry on sundays.  suddenly, there I was, again with no filter-- I say "Well can we wash your clothes for you?" Hna Romeril started dying in laughter, and our teacher was trying hard not to laugh.  she didn't know if she heard me right.  Well she did.  Later she told me that it was a funny question to ask, and may have been a bit intruding, but she liked my sincerity.  It taught her a lot about how important church is to me, and to see that I would be willing to sacrifice my time so that she could experience it too.  So take that!!!! Ready to convert the world.  I might just step on some privacy toes, but hey, I get what I want when I want.

Now to the good lessons.  We have been teaching Ana Maria since May 23rd.  She has accepted to be baptized on the 20th of June, and we are stoked! (she is already a member but we still love her to death) As we were teaching, She mentioned how she loved being with us.  I told her that we were so happy because we are able to testify each day about Christ.  I then was prompted to ask her to bear her testimony so she could experience the happiness that comes in bearing testimony! She did, and it was so heartfelt and real.  We were all crying.  I then took the opportunity to tell her that I know the church is true. Yo lo que. I have never cried so hard or felt the spirit so strong when I said those simple words that I have said a million times.  I even am tearing up writing about it.  This gospel brings me so much joy and I am loving it here :) That is why I'm here.  Because it is true.  If it wasn't I would already have come home because I miss you too much.  Yesterday was the best day in the mission so far, but also the day with the most homesickness.  Don't do anything too fun without me, and don't grow up.  It was an emotional day with many tears and a testimony meeting at the end that wrapped it all up.  Crying is the best therapy and I think that I said the most sincere prayer I have ever said last night.  

I am doing good things and coming closer to Christ everyday.  I love you and want you to share your testimony with someone this week and report back! I am excited about your missionary set up contact.  We may be far away, but we can always be reunited through the word of God.

Happy Father's Day to all!!!!! I love you so much.  Dad, Elder Giliam says he loves you too.  Also Mom, Elder Evans said he has always wanted to be apart of our family so he will fill out an adoption form.

LOVE YOU! con mucho mucho muhco amor... I love you soooooooooooooooo (writing like young aunt sara) much!!!

Hermana Woolley

PS. one last miracle.  Thursday night I had some nasty blisters.  I went to bed and prayed that they would heal quickly so that I could fully focus on the work.  I put on some bandaids, covered them in my ski socks, and went to bed, in the morning as I pulled of my bloody and pussed bandaids, my skin was perfect underneath.  miracle.  God is living today and he cares about his children.  Never forget it.  This tiny simple miracle shows that this work is important and needs to be done.  I'm humbled to say the least.  NEVER FORGET TO PRAY! and go to the temple, and scriptures and everything good because I want to be in the Celestial kingdom together one day!!! Kisses :)




No comments:

Post a Comment